Why Open Source Companies Need to Give Up Control
Oct 20, 2009, 19:02 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Glyn Mody)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to E5Rebel for this link.
"In one sense, this discussion is a continuation of the
long-running argument about the larger relationship between free
software and open source.
"But there are also aspects that are unique to the business
world – not least because money is involved. For example,
here's a post that suggests “the romantic open source
narrative is failing”, and the “open source
community” is “selling out”:"
- How Nokia Learned to Love Openness(Oct 15, 2009)
- Open Source and the Fear of Failure(Oct 08, 2009)
- Open source: Still waiting on IT(Oct 07, 2009)
- Open Source Makes Big Gains at the London Stock Exchange(Oct 06, 2009)
- Mozillians of Europe, Unite(Oct 06, 2009)
- Why Open Source is not Magic Pixie Dust, Part 284(Sep 30, 2009)
- Cracking Open the SharePoint Fortress(Sep 29, 2009)
- Without Free Software, Open Source Would Lose its Meaning(Sep 28, 2009)