Ask the Wi-Fi Guru, Episode XX
Oct 23, 2009, 15:32 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Aaron Weiss)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"A: It is understandable that this could seem confusing, but in
fact this setup is exactly right!
"You do not want to enable DHCP on your secondary repeater
router (in this case, your Netgear). You should not have two DHCP
servers running on one network.
"The DHCP server on your primary (Linksys) router addresses your
whole network, including clients that are associated through your
repeater. So yes, your clients are obtaining their IP from your
Linksys. Just as it should be. Don't change a thing."
- How to: Build a Wireless Bridge Using DD-WRT, Part II
(Oct 01, 2009)
- How to: Build a Wireless Bridge Using DD-WRT, Part I(Sep 28, 2009)
- Ask the Wi-Fi Guru: Range Extension, Bridging, Mixing WPA and WPA2 (you can't)(Sep 23, 2009)
- Ask the Wi-Fi Guru: Extending Range, Upgrading to Linux Firmware(Aug 14, 2009)
- How to: Buy a Wireless Router(Jul 30, 2009)
- Ask the Wi-Fi Guru: iPhone as Wi-Fi Scanner, Secure Condo Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi in a House of Lead(Jul 16, 2009)
- How to: Set Up Port Forwarding with Tomato(Jul 14, 2009)
- Ask the Wi-Fi Guru, Episode XV: Power Poaching, Wi-Fi Troubleshooting(May 12, 2009)