Ubuntu 9.10 Software Center: For better or worse
Nov 02, 2009, 19:34 (9 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Jack Wallen)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"I don’t think so, but much of the general public does.
Just what is causing these disparate opinions? From my vantage
point is a lack of knowledge. Why do I say that?
"Well, let’s take a look at the road map of the Ubuntu
Software Center first.
"Currently the Ubuntu Software Center is at Version 1. The
planned features of Version 1 are: The ability to Install open
source/free software (Version 1).
"Replace Add/Remove Software utility
"Seems like a fairly ubiquitous feature set. And, let’s
face it, the Add/Remove Software utility wasn’t anything
really special. Now let’s take a look at the plans for
- Give Me The Dang Button!(Nov 02, 2009)
- Vista, Windows 7, Ubuntu 9.04 and 9.10 boot speed comparison(Nov 02, 2009)
- How To Upgrade Ubuntu 9.04 To 9.10 (Desktop & Server)(Oct 31, 2009)
- ZaReason Bolsters Ubuntu 9.10 Branding(Oct 30, 2009)
- Ubuntu 9.10: Linux for Business(Oct 29, 2009)
- Running Ubuntu 9.10 With Older PC Hardware(Oct 29, 2009)
- Upgrade Wars: Snow Leopard, Ubuntu & Windows 7(Oct 29, 2009)
- Ubuntu Linux 9.10 (Karmic Koala) Review(Oct 29, 2009)