Ubuntu 9.10 Software Center: For better or worse
Nov 02, 2009, 19:34 (9 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Jack Wallen)
No-Size-Fits-All! An Application-Down Approach for Your Cloud Transformation REGISTER >
"I don’t think so, but much of the general public does.
Just what is causing these disparate opinions? From my vantage
point is a lack of knowledge. Why do I say that?
"Well, let’s take a look at the road map of the Ubuntu
Software Center first.
"Currently the Ubuntu Software Center is at Version 1. The
planned features of Version 1 are: The ability to Install open
source/free software (Version 1).
"Replace Add/Remove Software utility
"Seems like a fairly ubiquitous feature set. And, let’s
face it, the Add/Remove Software utility wasn’t anything
really special. Now let’s take a look at the plans for
- Give Me The Dang Button!(Nov 02, 2009)
- Vista, Windows 7, Ubuntu 9.04 and 9.10 boot speed comparison(Nov 02, 2009)
- How To Upgrade Ubuntu 9.04 To 9.10 (Desktop & Server)(Oct 31, 2009)
- ZaReason Bolsters Ubuntu 9.10 Branding(Oct 30, 2009)
- Ubuntu 9.10: Linux for Business(Oct 29, 2009)
- Running Ubuntu 9.10 With Older PC Hardware(Oct 29, 2009)
- Upgrade Wars: Snow Leopard, Ubuntu & Windows 7(Oct 29, 2009)
- Ubuntu Linux 9.10 (Karmic Koala) Review(Oct 29, 2009)