Over clocking intel i7 on a Gigabyte EX58-Extreme
Nov 06, 2009, 22:32 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by John James Inkpen)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"In BIOS arrow down to PC Health (image below) and write down a
few things, Current System Temp, and CPU. Turn off (disable) every
thing other than CPU Smart Control and CPU Smart Fan Mode. If
things get set to high or out of portion the BIOS has a built in
Safety function and believe it will pop up. Turning these options
off allows a little freedom to crank up a few things without
getting a pop up BIOS messages.
"After shutting down a few PC Health options some power option
need to be disabled, turbo boost, CPU Enhanced Halt, and a couple
other things. See the second screen below under Power Down.
"NOTE: Some options appear only if your CPU and memory supports
it. DDR3/Dual/3 Channel memory."
- Intel Core i5 750, Core i7 870 Linux Benchmarks(Sep 09, 2009)
- Flashing Your BIOS From The Linux Desktop(May 04, 2009)
- Phenom II Breaks 6.5GHz, Enables New 3DMark Record(Jan 29, 2009)
- BIOS Settings Demystified(Oct 06, 2008)
- AMD OverDrive On Linux(Aug 20, 2008)
- AMD Moves to Woo Overclockers(Aug 08, 2008)
- ASUS P5E3 Premium WiFi-AP @n(Jul 14, 2008)
- OLPC XO Hacks: Overclocking an XO Laptop Geode LX 700 CPU(Mar 27, 2008)