Google Chrome OS: A Nice Place to Visit, But?
Nov 16, 2009, 14:34 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by David Coursey)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"Google's Chrome operating system could mark a turning point in
computing, but many questions remain. Today's rumor is the OS will
be released to developers next week, answering some questions but
probably raising even more. Google had previously promised Chrome
OS, in some form, before the end of this year.
"Chrome OS strikes me as being just enough Linux to allow an
underpowered computer to run Chrome browser and connect to
cloud-based applications. How exciting can that really be?
"On a netbook, Chrome OS may be enough to provide mobile
functionality. On a desktop, Chrome OS may turn a PC into a
glorified terminal, relying on the Internet for nearly everything
the user does."
- No, that's not the Google Chrome OS(Oct 15, 2009)
- A First Glimpse Of Chrome OS In The Flesh(Oct 14, 2009)
- 7 Reasons Why I Have NOT Switched To Google Chrome From Firefox(Oct 14, 2009)
- Linux Google Chrome Shines(Oct 07, 2009)
- Top 10 Google Chrome Artist Themes(Oct 06, 2009)
- Waiting for Chrome(Oct 01, 2009)
- Mozilla opposes Google Chrome Frame. No soup for you.
(Sep 30, 2009)
- Creating Your First Chrome Extension(Sep 08, 2009)
- 10 Interesting Google Chrome OS Mock-up Designs(Sep 01, 2009)
- Multiple Home Pages with Google Chrome(Sep 01, 2009)
- How To Enable Adobe's Flash Player In Google Chrome (Ubuntu 9.04)(Aug 31, 2009)