Tech Tip: Find Directories Over a Certain Size
Nov 17, 2009, 21:33 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Da A Feng)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"The script prints those directories under a given path whose
size is above a certain threshold. It also allows you to exclude
directories that match a certain pattern from consideration. The
command accepts the following options:
* -d - Specifies the base directory to search.
* -t - Specifies the threshold in megabytes (eg 100 == 100MB).
* -x - Specifies the patterns to ignore (glob patterns).
"The following examples show how it can be used:"
- Command line tricks for smart geeks(Nov 17, 2009)
- Learn Linux, 101: File and directory management(Oct 08, 2009)
- Firefox Hotkeys cheatsheet(Sep 15, 2009)
- 8 Useful and Interesting Bash Prompts(Sep 08, 2009)
- About The Capslock Key(Sep 05, 2009)
- Repair Damaged Drives With Linux(Sep 05, 2009)
- Zenity Brings a Little GUI Goodness to Linux Shell Scripts(Sep 03, 2009)
- Command Line Cheatsheet(Sep 01, 2009)
- Learn Linux, 101: Text streams and filters(Aug 31, 2009)
- Learn Linux, 101: The Linux command line(Aug 28, 2009)