Nov 19, 2009, 17:03 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Dave Phillips)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"It may be useful to define what we should expect from an editor
such as OpenShot. The following functions and actions might be
considered basic to any NLE :
* Load and play video and audio clips in various formats.
* Arrange and mix clips in a multitrack mode.
* Cut/copy/paste footage in and between clips.
* Add effects within clips.
* Add transition effects between tracks.
* Export mix to video formats defined for various targets (Web,
mobile device, DVD, file, et cetera).
"As seen in the Features list above OpenShot supports these
basic functions along with some more advanced features and some
interesting attractions of its own.
"In its basic operations OpenShot is similar to Kdenlive. Both
programs are designed with an integrated UI in which individual
clip edits and project multitrack edits are accomplished in the
same display. This design favors a fast "back & forth" workflow
and is an excellent design for non-linear video editors."
- Copyright Time Bomb Set to Disrupt Music, Publishing Industries(Nov 15, 2009)
Laptop Survival With GKrellM(Oct 22, 2009)
- Kdenlive Meets Studio Dave(Oct 16, 2009)
- Surfing The Forge: Sound & MIDI Projects On SourceForge(Oct 04, 2009)
- Building Linux Audio Applications 101: A User's Guide, Part 1(Sep 02, 2009)
- LMMS: The Linux MultiMedia Studio(Aug 18, 2009)
- Studio DV, Open Octave, And More(Jul 29, 2009)
- It LiVES! Video Editing For FOSS Movie Makers(Jul 24, 2009)
- Microsoft, OOXML and the ISO: the Response(Jul 22, 2009)
- Keeping In Touch: A Guide To Linux Audio Comm Channels(Jul 14, 2009)
- Pianoteq3 For Linux: A Product Review(Jun 30, 2009)