The Problem With The Linux Community
Nov 22, 2009, 00:03 (21 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Caitlyn Martin)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
[ Thanks to Caitlyn Martin for this link.
"While I'm very positive about the openSUSE team I must
say that I am a lot less sanguine about some in their community.
Some fans (or really fanatics) came out in force ready to attack
the reviewer (me), to question my skills and even my sanity, to
attack Ladislav Bodnar for posting the review, to blame the
hardware, anything at all but the distro code which is, according
to some, "the best release ever". Fine, whatever, I'm used to it.
Writing honest reviews will never win friends or make me popular in
the Linux community. Some folks (way too many) only want fawning
fan reviews and distro commercials."
- First look at openSUSE 11.2 (DistroWatch Weekly #329)(Nov 16, 2009)
- Review: GNOME SlackBuild 2.26.3 for Slackware 13.0(Oct 27, 2009)
- Linux Netbooks: They're Still Out There(Oct 24, 2009)
- An Amazing Coincidence or Something More Sinister?(Oct 23, 2009)
- The Day The Netbook Died(Oct 07, 2009)
- Slackware Linux 13.0 - the oldest Linux distro gets a major overhaul(Oct 05, 2009)
- Linux Security Basics, Part 1: Authentication (DistroWatch Weekly #321)(Sep 21, 2009)
- Taking a look at xPUD 0.9(Sep 09, 2009)
- Circling The Wagons(Aug 21, 2009)