What is ChromeOS. Really.
Nov 24, 2009, 14:02 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Stefano Forenza)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to Stefano
Forenza for this link. ]
"Is it a threat to Microsoft ? Is it a threat to the
"(funny nobody wonders if that’s a threat to Apple,
especially considering everything is a threat to Apple, even being
able to take DRM free songs *out* of the freaking iPod)
"I’ll just assume you’ve already read the OMG !
ChromeOS Live Blog.
"Now, let’s examine extract some important points:
"18:13: Netbooks incredibly popular; most people have important
data stored in the cloud; webapps most successful platform so
"First keyword: Netbooks. But let’s go on.
"18:15: ChromeOS to be super fast, boot should be just like
switching a TV on! Chrome will be even faster on Chrome OS than any
"Another important thing: Super fast boot.
"18:15 Better model of computing = Chrome OS.
"Whahahah :) This is not important, but I find it very
- Ubuntu Music Store coming ?(Nov 16, 2009)
- One thing nobody told you about Mono(Jul 15, 2009)
- Ubuntu Satanic Store issue cleared up(Jun 20, 2009)
- Solang, a new Photo manager(Jun 19, 2009)
- Why the beef IS ready for the dinner table(Jun 17, 2009)
- Mono, here we go again(Jun 16, 2009)
- Ubuntu: Abuse. Intimidation. And support.(Jun 11, 2009)
- GiftWrap - Debian packages creator is out(May 28, 2009)