Install And Configure OpenLDAP On Ubuntu Karmic Koala
Dec 08, 2009, 03:04 (0 Talkback[s])
WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 REGISTER >
[ Thanks to Falko
Timme for this link. ]
"You're not asked anymore to provide a password when
the package is installed and issuing the "dpkg-reconfigure slapd"
only resets openldap to the skeleton configuration. You will have
to set up the openldap database, root dn and acl's yourself using
the root account (or sudo) in order to configure openldap.
"Here is how I configured openldap in Karmic Koala, but I do not
issue any guarantee that this setup will suit your needs or works
for you as it worked for me.
"There is an official statement about this
but the official guide on help.ubuntu.com is outdated and does not
tell you how to configure openldap on Karmic Koala."
- Course: Using LDAP(Jul 04, 2009)
- iRedMail: Mail Server With LDAP, Postfix, RoundCube/SquirrelMail, Dovecot On Deb(Jun 09, 2009)
- Ubuntu Directory Service: Canonical Seeks Help(Mar 05, 2009)
- OpenLDAP Quick Tips: Replication Strategies(Dec 18, 2008)
- OpenLDAP Quick Tips: Interacting with LDAP from shell scripts(Dec 16, 2008)
- OpenLDAP Quick Tips: Enable in Directory Monitoring(Dec 12, 2008)
- OpenLDAP Quick Tips: Always 'make test'(Dec 05, 2008)
- OpenLDAP Quick Tips: Switch to the Dynamic Config Backend (cn=config)(Dec 03, 2008)