Mandriva: The Choice of a New(bie) Generation?
Dec 10, 2009, 18:32 (3 Talkback[s])
No-Size-Fits-All! An Application-Down Approach for Your Cloud Transformation REGISTER >
"It's been said around the Internet many times that Mandriva is
the best choice for new Linux users. In many ways, it's easy to see
"Recently the distribution released their latest version,
Mandriva 2010. The system comes in a few different flavors, which
is certainly worth exploring.
"The recommended download is called "One", a 32bit only Live CD
available in many languages with either the KDE or GNOME desktop
environment. This edition includes closed source software such as
proprietary kernel drivers and Adobe Flash.
"Taking this version one step further is the "PowerPack", which
is not available free of charge. This edition includes even more
proprietary software, as well as providing commercial support. The
website lists the following software:"
- FreeBSD 8.0, Mandriva community spins and Cooker, Debian "Sqeeze" freeze, Ubuntu Netbook Remix tips(Dec 04, 2009)
- Mandriva One 2010.0 (including Moblin UI)(Nov 17, 2009)
- Ubuntu 9.10 Live CD and Mandriva One 2010: Reviewed and Compared(Nov 16, 2009)
- Mandriva Linux 2010 – Perhaps The Best Linux Release All Year(Nov 13, 2009)
- Mandriva Linux 2010 (Free) Review(Nov 12, 2009)
- Mandriva Linux 2010 is out!(Nov 05, 2009)
- Mandriva 2009.1 Samba Standalone Server With tdbsam Backend(Oct 18, 2009)