Who Was Who in Spam for 2009
Jan 11, 2010, 22:33 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Larry Barrett)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
"McAfee Labs on Monday unveiled its rankings of the Top 25 men
and women listed in the subject lines of spam e-mails in 2009 with
President Obama coming in atop the less-than-desirable list.
"Spammers and phishers have and always will use celebrities and
breaking news events to promulgate their annoying and increasingly
destructive malware. President Obama checked in as the most common
spam subject last year, beating out the likes of Michael Jackson
(No. 2 among men), former President George W. Bush (No. 3), actor
Brad Pitt (No. 4) and musician Eminem (No. 5).
"Rounding out McAfee's (NYSE: MFE) Top 10 among men in spam
subject lines were Warren Buffett (No. 6), Chuck Norris (No. 7),
Don Juan (No. 8), Elton John (No. 9) and Sacha Baron Cohen (No.
- SpamAssassin's Y2K10 -- Whoops, We Did It Again(Jan 04, 2010)
- Spamassassin Whitelists(Jan 04, 2010)
- New Malware Tactics, Targets Expected in 2010(Dec 31, 2009)
- Attackers Buying Own Data Centers for Botnets, Spam(Dec 22, 2009)
- 1 Billion Spammers Served(Dec 15, 2009)
Cisco: U.S. No Longer the Spam Leader(Dec 09, 2009)
- Mollom: A solution to comment spam(Nov 25, 2009)