Internet 2009 in Numbers
Jan 25, 2010, 08:03 (1 Talkback[s])
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"What happened with the Internet in 2009?
"How many websites were added? How many emails were sent? How
many Internet users were there? This post will answer all of those
questions and many more. Prepare for information overload, but in a
good way. ;)
"We have used a wide variety of sources from around the Web. A
full list of source references is available at the bottom of the
post for those interested. We here at Pingdom also did some
additional calculations to get even more numbers to show you.
* 234 million – The number of websites as of December
* 47 million – Added websites in 2009.
* 13.9% – The growth of Apache websites in 2009.
* -22.1% – The growth of IIS websites in 2009.
* 35.0% – The growth of Google GFE websites in 2009.
* 384.4% – The growth of Nginx websites in 2009.
* -72.4% – The growth of Lighttpd websites in 2009."