How to Install any Linux on a USB
Jan 30, 2010, 16:02 (1 Talkback[s])
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
[ Thanks to Hungry
Hacker for this link. ]
"There are so many reasons why having a Linux
distribution on a USB drive can come in handy. From having a
"rescue" OS on your keyring to being able to install a new
distribution on your EeePC, a "thumb drive" Linux has many uses.
But getting Linux onto a USB drive can't be simple. Right? Wrong.
There is a tool, UNetbootin, that makes installing Linux on a USB
"UNetbootin can be used on either Linux or Windows. In this
article, we'll be illustrating it for Both."
- 49 Hot New Open Source Applications(Oct 26, 2009)
- Boot Linux Over HTTP With netboot.me(Oct 02, 2009)
- Linux via the internet with boot.kernel.org(Sep 23, 2009)
- Easy Peasy V1.1 A Quick First Look(Apr 23, 2009)
- Installing Ubuntu on Windows without partitioning(Apr 10, 2009)
- Creating USB Startup Disks From Various Linux Distributions With UNetbootin(Feb 03, 2009)
- CrunchBang is a Speedy, Dark-Themed Linux Desktop(Jan 29, 2009)
- Is it the End of the Road for Live CDs?(Jan 25, 2009)
- Making a Bootable USB From DVD Image(Oct 19, 2008)
- Creating Bootable USB Stick Linux Systems On The Easy(Oct 02, 2008)