Microsoft IE Slips, Chrome Tops Safari
Feb 02, 2010, 18:33 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Stuart J. Johnston)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"According to the latest browser market share figures, Microsoft
saw its Internet Explorer (IE) product continue to slide.
"However, as Microsoft's (NASDAQ: MSFT) IE dropped, Google's
(NASDAQ: GOOG) Chrome browser continues to pick up speed, even
outstripping Apple's (NASDAQ: AAPL) Safari in the past two
"That's according to the latest market share figures for January
from Web analytics firm Net Applications.
"Microsoft's IE finished January with a total of 62.18 percent
of the market, down slightly more than a half a percentage point
from December's 62.69 percent. That continues IE's glide path since
this time last February, when the browser enjoyed 69.23 percent of
the market, and way down from market dominance of 90 percent and
higher a few years ago."
- Chrome 4: King of the Web browser hill?(Jan 27, 2010)
- Firefox 3.6 Boosts Speed, Tabs, HTML 5 and CSS(Jan 22, 2010)
- German government warns against using MS Explorer(Jan 19, 2010)
- Microsoft Admits Zero-Day Aided Google Attackers(Jan 15, 2010)
- Arora web browser review(Jan 07, 2010)
- 8 Hidden Firefox Secrets Revealed(Dec 30, 2009)
- The EU and Microsoft Settle Browser Issue; Interoperability with FOSS Still a Problem(Dec 17, 2009)