One Dad's Take: Why Windows Could be Worse Than Teen Dating
Feb 08, 2010, 19:33 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Brian Proffitt)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
"Though most of the machines at home are currently Linux driven,
there are a couple of Windows machines in the house that are used
by my children for Software they Cannot Live Without. My teenager
likes games, and my tweenager is quasi-addicted to iTunes.
"Being a tolerant Dad you have to know when to pick your
battles. This may be a shock to some Linux users out there, but
compared to boys, piercings, and parties, letting them run Windows
seemed to rank very low on the Dad scale of things that can
possibly go wrong. Did I mention boys?
"Now, it seems, I may have to revise this prioritization."
- The Top 7 Best Linux Distributions for You(Feb 04, 2010)
- Is Android Forking from Linux?(Feb 04, 2010)
- Microsoft/Novell: Breaking Down the Coupon Numbers(Feb 02, 2010)
Wanted: Community Manager(Feb 01, 2010)
- Linux Foundation to World: Get a Job!(Jan 28, 2010)
- Another Area of Linux Growth(Jan 14, 2010)
- When One Linux Project Wins, All Linux Triumphs(Jan 12, 2010)
- Fujitsu Gets, Gives Value to Linux(Jan 08, 2010)
- Resetting Priorities(Jan 07, 2010)