Dedo Does Debian - Review
Mar 01, 2010, 13:02 (0 Talkback[s])
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"Debian is one of the more important Linux distributions.
Without Debian, we would probably not have Ubuntu or APT and Linux
desktop would still be a dream. And it just happens that I never
gave it a proper review, until now.
"Time to do that. Naturally, I will not be reviewing Debian as
any old distro. It has its special place alongside RedHat (CentOS).
In other words, it's not a toy, it's a serious, somber tool for
power users who cherish uttermost stability as the main feature in
their operating system, with usability taking the humble second
place. Plus, there's the free software idea, which might also
complicate things a little. Don't expect Debian to run after you
like a favorite canine. It's the other way around.
"But I'm rushing ahead of myself. Whether Debian works or not,
it's something we will yet have to discover in this review. It will
definitely not be Ubuntu. But it won't be Gentoo either. Maybe
something in between. And how well does it compare to CentOS? "
- Setting Up An NFS Server And Client On Debian Lenny(May 01, 2009)
- Is Ubuntu Bigger than Debian now?(Apr 26, 2009)
- Debian Kernel Has No Proprietary Firmware(Apr 24, 2009)
- Frugal Friday: Conficker, Terrorism, Sun, Debian BSD, Sourceforge(Apr 14, 2009)
- Steve McIntyre re-elected Debian leader(Apr 13, 2009)
- Installing Asterisk + PostgreSQL To Manage CDR & RealTime Config On Debian(Apr 13, 2009)
- Combining Debian and FreeBSD; Pushing the Envelope of FOSS(Apr 10, 2009)
- Installing MyDNS-NG & MyDNSConfig 3 On Debian Lenny(Apr 10, 2009)