The Alexandria Project Chap. 7: What a Difference a Day (and a Decision Tree) Makes
Mar 02, 2010, 00:03 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Andy Updegrove)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"Frank struggled to organize his thoughts as he left the fiasco
of an “interview” he’d just endured at the hands
of CIA agent Carl Cummings. Time to be logical, he thought, not
emotional. If he didn’t start getting a hold of himself, at
this rate he’d find himself in jail.
"So what should be at the top of the decision tree, he asked as
he walked back to his cubicle. Well, the first gate appeared to be
whether Cummings really thought Frank was the culprit. If no, then
Frank could relax, but if yes, then Frank could be in real trouble.
Frank weighed the possibility that Carl was just jerking everyone
around, to feel self-important. Negative, Frank decided. Everyone
else thought the disappearing documents were part of a test, not a
real exploit, and Carl would have wanted to keep it that way.
"So that means I’m in trouble, Frank told himself. See?
I'm making progress already."
- The Alexandria Project, Chap. 6: The Perils of Profiles(Feb 22, 2010)
- The Alexandria Project, Chap. 5: So how do ya like them iBalls?(Feb 17, 2010)
- Alexandria Project Chap. 4: Beware of Greeks bearing Trapdoors(Feb 09, 2010)
- The Alexandria Project, Chap. 3: I just HATE it when that Happens(Feb 01, 2010)
- The Alexandria Project, Chap. 2: The Plot Thickens(Jan 26, 2010)
- The Alexandria Project, Chap. 1: Meet Frank(Jan 20, 2010)