5 open source and free software books that are worth your time
Mar 06, 2010, 04:03 (0 Talkback[s])
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"Aside from the book Open Source Licensing and Intellectual
Property, there are other freely available books that will enrich
your knowledge and understanding of the concept of Free Software
and Open Source. The following are 5 of such books that are worth
"Free Software for Busy People
As the name suggests, you probably do not have time to read through
a 500 page book so as to understand FOSS, right? Then this is your
book. According to the author, this book is focused on
cost-effective uses of computers. I assume that you are not a
computer professional – but if you have used email or the web
in the past, then you know enough to make use of Free Software.
This book will show you how." Worth your time.
"The Daemon, the GNU & the Penguin"
- Get started with Blender(Mar 04, 2010)
- Lucidor - Simple eBook Reader(Mar 01, 2010)
- The Google Books Settlement Culture Clash, and What About Fair Use?(Feb 02, 2010)
- A Bushel of Free FOSS(Jan 06, 2010)
- The Book of Inkscape: A Fine, Rare Pleasure(Dec 11, 2009)
- Creating Ebooks with Sigil(Nov 07, 2009)
- LXer Book Review: Pro Linux System Administration(Oct 23, 2009)
- Sams Teach Yourself PHP and MySQL: Video Learning Starter Kit(Oct 06, 2009)