Here comes Linux's iPad clones
Mar 12, 2010, 21:02 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
[ Thanks to Steven J.
Vaughan-Nichols for this link. ]
"You can pre-order an Apple iPad starting today, March
12th, but seriously, do you really want to? I mean, I get why you'd
want an iPad. I'd like one too. But, when I consider that there are
soon going to be literally dozens of cheaper, Linux-powered iPad
devices on the market, I find it a lot easier to resist putting
$499 on my credit card.
"I tell a lie though. The Apple iPad isn't really $499. Just
adding a power-cord to the iPad will cost you $29.00 No, I'm not
making that up. Really Apple, you couldn't throw in a power cord?
Shame on you.
"On top of that, Apple will be including DRM (digital rights
management) on eBooks and other iPad content."
- Why I don't Use Apple products(Mar 10, 2010)
- Virtualization: An easy way to kill Apple's HTC lawsuit(Mar 08, 2010)
- Of Android and the Fear of Fragmentation(Mar 06, 2010)
- Ubuntu's New Look, a Pale Imitation of Mac OS X?(Mar 05, 2010)
- Sub $200 Android tablets arrives: is the iPad doomed?(Mar 03, 2010)
- Lucidor - Simple eBook Reader(Mar 01, 2010)
- The Year of the Tablet Computer(Feb 18, 2010)
- Mobile Linux Unification(Feb 16, 2010)
- The iPad questions Apple won't answer(Feb 09, 2010)