"BAR is backup archiver program to create compressed
and encrypted archives of files that can be stored on a hard disk,
CD, DVD, or directly on a server via FTP, SCP, or SFTP. A server
mode and a scheduler are integrated for making automated backups in
the background. A graphical front end that can connect to the
(remote) server is included.
• can store and restore files and images
• can split archive files into pieces; each piece can be read
• compress of data with zlib, bzip2 or lzma algorithms
• encryption with gcrypt algrithms (AES, TWOFISH etc.)
• asymmetric encryption with RSA
• fast file format: can find and extract single files without
decompressing/decryption of the whole archive
• direct copy of archives to remote computer via FTP or SSH
(SCP or SFTP)
• can store archives on CD/DVD (with external tools)"
Some of the products that appear on this site are from companies from which QuinStreet receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site including, for example, the order in which they appear. QuinStreet does not include all companies or all types of products available in the marketplace.