The Alexandria Project, Chap. 11: Have I got an App for You!
Mar 30, 2010, 17:03 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Andy Updegrove)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"While CIA Agent Carl Cummings was being taught to heel, Frank
was sitting at his kitchen table, tapping away at the cramped
keyboard of a cheap netbook connected to a neighbor’s
unsecured WiFi network. Even this was risky, he reminded himself,
so this brief session would have to be his last until he moved
"A few taps more and he had logged on to the bank account of the
Pangloss Game Company. Mentally crossing his fingers, he clicked on
the link for an account that simply read “iBallZapper.”
When the new view displayed, the number that immediately caught his
eye was in the balance column, and that number was $247,396.78. A
slow smile of victory spread across Frank’s face as he hit
the refresh button. The number jumped upward by another $1,238.42.
It seemed that his plan was unfolding nicely.
"That result had seemed far from likely just ten days before.
Then, he had sat in the same place wondering how he could possibly
afford to execute the strategy that was taking shape in his mind.
No matter how he looked at it, he needed something he didn’t
have, which was money. And a fair amount of it, too."
- The Alexandria Project, Chap. 10: Good Boy, Carl!(Mar 23, 2010)
- The Alexandria Project, Chap. 9 – You've Got Mail!(Mar 16, 2010)
- The Alexandria Project, Chap. 8 � Face Off with Fearless Fosdick(Mar 09, 2010)
- The Alexandria Project Chap. 7: What a Difference a Day (and a Decision Tree) Makes(Mar 02, 2010)
- The Alexandria Project, Chap. 6: The Perils of Profiles(Feb 22, 2010)
- The Alexandria Project, Chap. 5: So how do ya like them iBalls?(Feb 17, 2010)
- Alexandria Project Chap. 4: Beware of Greeks bearing Trapdoors(Feb 09, 2010)
- The Alexandria Project, Chap. 3: I just HATE it when that Happens(Feb 01, 2010)