Weekly Ten: Firefox Owns, Don't Buy an iPad, Robot Waiters
Apr 07, 2010, 03:04 (0 Talkback[s])
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
"1. Firefox: 30 percent of the world market
That's what Mozilla figured out after crunching numbers from a
variety of firms — StatCounter, Quantcast, Net Applications
and Gemius — and mixing in its own data. The open source
browser's largest market share is in Europe, with nearly 40 percent
penetration (152.7 million users).
More @ NetworkWorld
"2. Without Shuttles, Astronauts' Careers May Stall
Chris Ferguson is a former space shuttle commander. Now he
moonlights as a drummer for a Houston-based astronaut rock band.
"Perhaps we'll have some more time to practice here once the
shuttle program comes to a slow end," he says.
More @ NPR
"3. Why I won't buy an iPad (and think you shouldn't,
I've spent ten years now on Boing Boing, finding cool things that
people have done and made and writing about them. Most of the
really exciting stuff hasn't come from big corporations with
enormous budgets, it's come from experimentalist amateurs.
More @ BoingBoing"
- Fix Blue and Green Tinted Video Problem in Ubuntu Linux(Apr 01, 2010)
- Weekly Ten: LEGO automatons, Linuxy Contenders to the iPad, Red Hat has Fat Profits(Mar 30, 2010)
- Weekly Ten: Tech Bubble That Didn't Pop, Build Your Own 3D Scanner, WebDAV On OpenSUSE(Mar 25, 2010)
- Installing Ubuntu Linux on a Netbook(Mar 24, 2010)
- Cool OpenOffice.org Easter Eggs(Mar 23, 2010)
- Hugin Panorama Creator Software for Linux(Mar 17, 2010)
- Text-to-Speech Software for Linux(Mar 12, 2010)