Windows Malware: The Final Straw That Broke the Penguin's Back
Apr 26, 2010, 20:02 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Jason Perlow)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
[ Thanks to Jason
Perlow for this link. ]
"It was simply a matter of time before Linux became my
primary operating system. My most recent malware incident was the
final straw that sent me into welcoming and safe haven of Ubuntu.
"Suffice it to say that last week was a pretty crappy one for
me. My FaceBook account was somehow compromised, causing untold
amounts of my friends to receive a spammed invite to some sort of
diet seminar scam event and then having to endure the embarrassment
that accompanied it.
"The compromise itself was easily rectified, I had to reset all
of my core passwords — FaceBook, GMail, blogs, et cetera.
Then I proceeded to sweep malware from my various Windows systems
in my house — my primary Windows 7 testing workstation, my
wife's Windows 7 office PC, my Windows XP virtual machines, and our
shared recreational Windows 7 laptop."
- Frugal Tech Show: Podcast with Matt Zimmerman, CTO of Canonical Ltd (Ubuntu)(Apr 23, 2010)
- Canonical CTO Matt Zimmerman Speaks(Apr 21, 2010)
- Virtualization: An easy way to kill Apple's HTC lawsuit(Mar 08, 2010)
- Does Amazon's Tablet Future Lie With Microsoft?(Mar 01, 2010)
- Frugal Friday: Corvettes, SFLC GPL Lawsuit, Apple Thought Police, FaceBook Privacy(Dec 19, 2009)
- How to avoid modern day public GPL floggings(Dec 17, 2009)
- Frugal Tech Show: eReaders Suck, JooJoo, Nexus One, Net Privacy, SPICE and VDI, RedHat(Dec 14, 2009)