Google fights the Hollywood tech veto
May 21, 2010, 14:33 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Dana Blankenhorn)
WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 REGISTER >
"Ever since the Web was spun there has been tension between
Silicon Valley and Hollywood.
"Generally, Hollywood has won.
"The passage of laws like the Digital Millenium Copyright Act
(DMCA), and their strict enforcement not just by American cops but
by foreign trade representatives, is well-known.
"(The Veto Club and Bar is located on Hollywood Road in
beautiful Hong Kong. I would love to be seen there one day. This is
"The content industries have also turned peer-to-peer technology
into the "porn" of tech."
- Google backs open codec against patent trolls(May 20, 2010)
- Please don't port philosophy with code!(May 19, 2010)
- Fluendo Hosts Free Webinar Aimed at Understanding the Legal Implications of Linux deployments(May 12, 2010)
- Canonical explains Ubuntu unfree video choice(May 07, 2010)
- Why Our Civilization's Video Art and Culture is Threatened by the MPEG-LA(May 05, 2010)
- Patents, Patents, Everywhere...(May 04, 2010)
- Behind the open codec FUD attack(May 04, 2010)
- Are Apple's Open Source Theora Claims Patent FUD?(May 04, 2010)
- Pot, meet kettle: a response to Steve Jobs' letter on Flash(May 03, 2010)