Fedora 13 � Linux for Applephobes; Polish without the Ubuntu
May 26, 2010, 13:02 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Scott Gilbertson)
No-Size-Fits-All! An Application-Down Approach for Your Cloud Transformation REGISTER >
"With its music store and cloud syncing services, Ubuntu 10.04
tends to eclipse Fedora in the minds of many.
"Not that Fedora project leader Paul Frields minds. He's told me
in the past that Fedora is intended "first and foremost for users
interested in and capable of contributing to open source."
"And when I spoke to Frields shortly before the release of
Fedora 13 - out today - he reiterated that point. "We want a
culture of contribution, not just consumption," he said.
"That focus on the more tech savvy, contributing users is
reflected in Fedora 13, where you'll find open source, 3D-capable
graphics drivers, excellent Python tools, some very nice color
management tools, and other less flashy improvements."
- Set up Libvirt 0.7.7&Xen 4.0 on top of Fedora 13 RC2(May 25, 2010)
- Enhance Desktop Security Using Virtualization(May 25, 2010)
- Best of Fedora 13, PCLinuxOS "FullMonty" edition, Debian delay, Ubuntu 10.10 feature proposal(May 24, 2010)
- Ubuntu vs. Fedora: The Latest Versions Square Off(May 19, 2010)
- The Five Best things coming in Fedora 13 Linux(May 19, 2010)
- Fedora 13 - Ready to roll(May 19, 2010)
- Fedora 13 delay fixes Linux GRUB bug(May 18, 2010)