mobile hsdpa/wifi router powered by Linux
May 27, 2010, 09:04 (0 Talkback[s])
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
[ Thanks to J00p34 for this link.
"If you need wireless internet access on your boat,
car, helicopter or while hiking, this may be the solution you are
looking for. A Linux powered device sharing mobile broadband
EVDO/HSDPA on a wifi router. The hardware runs on 110/220 volt with
a DC power supply but it's very flexible allowing for 11-56 Volt DC
input and even 5 volt trough an internal connector.
"The idea is simple, use your existing HSDPA data card to
provide Internet access via WiFi. People use them for their car's,
boats, rapidly deployable wifi access points anywhere high speed
data cards work.
"The device is based on the original idea of Tor Amundson who
wanted an always on internet link in his car, he even used this to
make an automatic gps tracker which shows his location in google
- The most useful android app: Gesture search(May 22, 2010)
- remote control android, a reverse ssh tunnel(May 20, 2010)
- Cute Linux powered humanoid robot, speaks, listens and knows your face(May 13, 2010)
- pico projector running linux, small and portable but big in features(May 12, 2010)
- Linux Ice maker and vending machine, Cool!(May 11, 2010)
- Linux Guitar, a rocking toy(May 10, 2010)