Death of the Desktop (a video panel discussion)
Jun 05, 2010, 19:05 (2 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Marcel Gagné)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
[ Thanks to Marcel
Gagne for this link. ]
"All this flows very nicely into the discussion you are
about to watch.
"At this year's COSSFEST in Calgary, I took part in a lively
panel discussion titled "The Death of the Desktop", essentially a
free-for-all discussion on whether 'the cloud' will kill off our
beloved desktop. My fellow panelists included Aaron Seigo, Brad
"Renderman" Haines, Adam McDaniel, and Craig McLean. The whole
thing was taped and later edited (wonderfully, I might add) to
create the video you see below. Given that this was the last panel
of the two day event and that they gave us beer to drink during the
discussion, I should probably offer up a little disclaimer before
you proceed. If you are sensitive to such things, it's entirely
likely that you'll hear the occasional 'bad word'. I'm just saying.
You've been warned.
"Enjoy the show!"
- Bad Stuff About Facebook, But Not What You Think(May 26, 2010)
- Ubuntu vs. Fedora: The Latest Versions Square Off(May 19, 2010)
- Copyrights, Copywrongs, and Copyconfusion(May 18, 2010)
- Linux Shedding Indie Status is a Good Thing(Apr 22, 2010)
- Ubuntu 10.04 beta - Over 100 updates today ... and the buttons moved again(Apr 15, 2010)
- Cooking with Marcel(Apr 15, 2010)
- COSSFEST; A Calgarian Tale of FOSS, Betrayal, and Murder(Apr 14, 2010)