Who gives a fsck about a license?
Jul 02, 2010, 03:05 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Locutus)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
[ Thanks to Locutus
for this link. ]
"I have no idea why anyone would want to do a File
System ChecK on a license but I have seen fsck used in this manner
so I do too :) Seriously though, how many people really care about
the license they are using? Businesses care, due to the fact they
can have a nice large fine presented to them. The average person?
Not so much.
"In fact the average person probably has not even read the
license and judging by the number of pirated copies of software
floating around they don't even think that the software products
are worth the price the producers put on them. As a matter of fact,
I know quite a few businesses that have no qualms about using
pirated software, as long as they don't get caught.
"The software license is basically a means of covering a
companies rear end and protecting their 'assets' for when they are
caught with their pants on the ground (do you have the pants on the
ground song running through your head right now? Your welcome
- The Open Source Server Quagmire(Jun 29, 2010)
- Your Chance To Change OSI(Jun 14, 2010)
- More about the App Store GPL Enforcement(May 27, 2010)
- MPEG LA Shrugs Off Antitrust Allegations(May 24, 2010)
- Do Build Environments Give Companies an End Run Around the GPL?(May 24, 2010)
- I could license you to use this software, but then I�d have to kill you(May 19, 2010)
- Fluendo Hosts Free Webinar Aimed at Understanding the Legal Implications of Linux deployments(May 12, 2010)
- Beware of Proprietary Drift(May 10, 2010)
- Canonical explains Ubuntu unfree video choice(May 07, 2010)