Installing (and reinstalling) Linux on your desktop
Jul 13, 2010, 23:08 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Bob Sutor)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
"Yesterday I set up a laptop with a Linux distribution,
including everything I needed for work. Today, I'm doing it
"My reason for repeating the process had nothing to do with
Linux. I decided to do something to the configuration that I
suspected would be risky and possibly dangerous. Indeed, things got
pretty messed up.
"At that point I had a few choices:
* Try to debug and fix the situation.
* Try to find someone to help me fix it.
* Say the heck with it and reinstall from scratch, or the CD, as
the case may be."
- Saying it out loud: IBM is moving to Firefox as its default browser(Jul 02, 2010)
- Working with Open Source Software Vendors(Mar 22, 2010)
- Will video games make desktop Linux into a killer consumer platform?(Jan 22, 2010)
- IBM, Canonical Switch Up Their Smart Work Game(Oct 21, 2009)
- Linux - Fostering Hope(Oct 18, 2009)
- Is Big Blue a Desktop Linux Friend or Foe?(Oct 12, 2009)
- Unique Prizes Highlight HeliOS Project Drawing(Oct 08, 2009)
- Linux Radio Ads a Success, Not a Failure(Oct 06, 2009)