Stop Apologizing For Linux!
Jul 16, 2010, 16:06 (6 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Marcel Gagné)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
[ Thanks to Marcel
Gagne for this link. ]
"And that goes for Canonical and Ubuntu as well. Yeah,
I'm talking to you too, so listen up.
"Picture this scenario . . .
"Say you've got yourself a nice computer, be it tower, notebook,
or whatever, and it has a dual core 64 bit chip. It's a pretty cool
system and it came with Windows 7. After much hounding and friendly
ribbing from your Linux-pushing friend, you decide you're going to
load up Ubuntu. So you wander over to the Ubuntu desktop site to
download your desktop Linux ISO where it tells you that the 64 bit
edition isn't recommended for desktop use (see the image below).
You're confused. After all, your computer came with a 64 bit
version of Windows. Isn't 64 bits better than 32? Why can't Linux
run a 64 bit desktop?"
- Back When Linux Was Fun(Jun 23, 2010)
- Death of the Desktop (a video panel discussion)(Jun 05, 2010)
- Bad Stuff About Facebook, But Not What You Think(May 26, 2010)
- Editor's Note: A Herd of Print Linux Magazines(May 21, 2010)
- Copyrights, Copywrongs, and Copyconfusion(May 18, 2010)
- Cooking with Marcel(Apr 15, 2010)
- COSSFEST; A Calgarian Tale of FOSS, Betrayal, and Murder(Apr 14, 2010)
- Lucid Dreams and Death By Techno(Mar 28, 2010)