35 Dollar Indian Pad? Go Indians, Go!
Jul 29, 2010, 20:36 (0 Talkback[s])
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"By now you probably have heard about the "pad" computer
designed in India that is being touted as costing thirty-five U.S.
Dollars to manufacture. While there is very little in the way of
technical details about it, some information has been published
that says it consists of:
* An ARM9 Architecture Processor from Freescale (I.MX233): 5
* Memory: 3 USD
* WiFi b/g: 4 USD
* Other "discrete" components: 3 USD
* Battery: 5 USD
* 7" 800x480 resistive touch screen: 15 USD
"for a total bill of materials: 35 USD, and rumors that in the
future this will drop to 20 USD and even 10 USD."
- Weekly Ten: Microsoft's New Slogan: Hey, It Could Be Worse, $200 Linux PC, Cloud Cracks WPA(Jul 29, 2010)
- Linux spreading, but Windows Server still rules in India(Jul 12, 2010)
- Donate Your Old Hardware(Mar 16, 2010)
- Dealing with gifted kids: a geek's tale(Feb 12, 2010)
- From India with code(Jan 21, 2010)
- Court orders three H-1B sites disabled(Dec 29, 2009)