A snapshot of a Lan party.
Sep 01, 2010, 23:03 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Locutus)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to Locutus
for this link. ]
"Three computers, each running Linux, Windows and MacOS
respectively meet up at a lan party. It is a typical lan party. A
semi dark room, lit only by the glow of monitors with network
cables snaking haphazardly across the floor littered with empty
bottles, crushed chip packets and piled up against the wall, a
stack of pizza boxes.
"Linux: Hey guys, great party.
"Windows: Hey Linux, yeah its pretty cool. I have been doing
some serious fragging.
"Mac: Hey Linux, your a bit late. Windows, you couldn't frag
your way out of a wet paper bag.
"Windows: Aaw Mac matey. You still sore about that ambush? All's
fair in love and war.
"Linux: Here they come guys, ready to rumble?
"Windows, Mac: You bet your sweet bits we are!"
- There IS a Linux for you.(Aug 30, 2010)
- Fork me? Fork you!(Aug 25, 2010)
- Are open source defences crumbling?(Aug 23, 2010)
- When open source sells out.(Aug 19, 2010)
- Is Linux the computing Tower of Babel?(Aug 18, 2010)
- Where would we be without open source software?(Aug 09, 2010)
- Linux is dough, windows is glass.(Jul 29, 2010)
- Washing the windows myths. Program installation.(Jul 27, 2010)
- Open source software. The gateway drug to Linux.(Jul 20, 2010)