Are you happy being second rate?
Sep 13, 2010, 22:04 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Locutus)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to Locutus
for this link. ]
"It is said that ten percent of the population control
ninety percent of the wealth. While I don't personally know if that
is actually true or not it does seem so. At any rate it is an
observed fact that there are those with and those without. Those
without usually out numbering those with.
"In my beloved world of manipulating electrons to create pretty
pictures on crystal screens it seems that the situation is quite
reversed. Those with are out numbering those without. Is that
really true or is it simply a matter of perception? I know of quite
a few people who do not have much yet are far happier than those
who have a lot.
"Unfortunately, in this world it is perception which matters
most and those who have everything perceive those who have little
as second rate. Now to be classed as second rate by anyone grates.
I mean, what right do other people have to judge us and find us
wanting? Yet that is exactly what people do, right or wrong, it is
a fact of life."
- Modern OS on ancient hardware.(Sep 13, 2010)
- A snapshot of a Lan party.(Sep 02, 2010)
- There IS a Linux for you.(Aug 31, 2010)
- Fork me? Fork you!(Aug 26, 2010)
- Are open source defences crumbling?(Aug 24, 2010)
- When open source sells out.(Aug 19, 2010)
- Is Linux the computing Tower of Babel?(Aug 18, 2010)
- Where would we be without open source software?(Aug 09, 2010)
- Linux is dough, windows is glass.(Jul 29, 2010)