Oracle rips Red Hat and 'sort of' launches a new Linux
Sep 20, 2010, 20:33 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
[ Thanks to Steven J.
Vaughan-Nichols for this link. ]
"Oracle made a weird announcement at its Oracle
OpenWorld love-fest and trade-show. The company announced that it
was releasing its own Linux: the Oracle's Unbreakable Enterprise
Kernel for Oracle Linux.
"Funny, and I thought Larry Ellison already had his own Linux,
Unbreakable Linux, which Oracle introduced not quite four-years
ago. Of course, Oracle Unbreakable Linux wasn't really Oracle's
Linux. It was Red Hat's Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) with an
Oracle Linux logo pasted on the front.
"But, this time, Oracle swears its new Oracle Linux is
- What Paul Allen and Larry Ellison Have in Common(Sep 01, 2010)
- Oracle forms new 'axis of evil' against open source, claims Adobe(Aug 24, 2010)
- Oracle loses another DTrace creator(Aug 19, 2010)
- How Oracle sees open source may not be how you see open source(Aug 18, 2010)
- Ellison's keynote: Linux, Exadata, the Governator and more(Oct 15, 2009)
Ellison: 'Sun losing $100 million a month'(Sep 22, 2009)
- Larry Ellison Levels Guns at Red Hat(Nov 15, 2007)
- Oracle CEO Ellison: Open Source Software is No Threat(Aug 14, 2007)