Whose LXDE Is It Anyway?
Sep 23, 2010, 09:03 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Prashanth)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
[ Thanks to Prashanth for this link.
"I'm not here to answer the question of what LXDE is.
Wikipedia has a very well-written article explaining what LXDE is.
I'm also not here to hate on LXDE's functions and capabilities; it
is a very nice and capable DE that's great for low-resource
environments and environments where speed (and not overwhelming
aesthetics) is paramount. What's been bugging me for a long time is
that I've felt that LXDE doesn't really have its own identity.
"Take WattOS. Its website says that it's a desktop made of
Openbox and LXDE. Yet, Wikipedia says that Openbox is but a
component (the window manager, in this case) of LXDE, and here the
WattOS website elevates Openbox's status from a subset of LXDE to
the equal of LXDE. What is LXDE now? Is it just the collection of
- Sabayon 5.3 LXDE Screenshots(Aug 01, 2010)
- Sabayon Linux 5.3 XFCE and LXDE Spins Are Now Availble(Jul 20, 2010)
What's new in Linux Mint 9 LXDE?(Jul 19, 2010)
- Peppermint Linux Mixes Ubuntu, LXDE and Prism(May 10, 2010)
Good and Bads of LXDE(Apr 29, 2010)
- LXDE, the New Lightweight Linux Desktop
(Apr 14, 2010)
- Linux Mint 8 �Helena� LXDE released!(Apr 02, 2010)
- Linux Mint 8 LXDE CE Review: LXDE Done Right(Mar 18, 2010)