5 Things Linux Does Better Than Mac OS X
Oct 02, 2010, 19:03 (3 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Katherine Noyes)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
"Were it not for Windows' long-standing installed base and
overwhelming market dominance, it seems unlikely that anyone would
argue seriously for the merit of the operating system, plagued as
it is by high prices, security problems and vendor lock-in.
"Apple OS X, however, is another matter. Though certainly a
minority, Mac fans are passionate and vocal enough to make it clear
that Apple must be doing something right--whether that "something"
has anything to do with the technology or not.
"As an outspoken fan of Linux, I'll make no bones about where my
preference lies--and that I think the success of the Mac is mostly
a matter of marketing. Whatever your own personal beliefs, though,
there's no denying that there are certain things Linux clearly does
better than Mac OS X. If you're trying to decide on a platform for
your business, these factors are worth keeping in mind."
- Proceed With Caution to Oracle's Proprietary Linux Kernel(Sep 23, 2010)
- Galaxy Tab Will Soar on Android's Key Strengths(Sep 21, 2010)
- 4 Ways to Give Desktop Linux a Test-Drive(Sep 20, 2010)
- Chrome 7 Will Get 60 Times Faster, Google Says(Sep 17, 2010)
- Fact or Fiction? Top 8 Linux Myths Debunked(Sep 10, 2010)
- Five Reasons Linux Beats Windows for Servers(Aug 31, 2010)
- What Will Ubuntu 10.10 Look Like?(Aug 27, 2010)
- Study: Big Biz Falls in Love With FOSS, but Not Just 'Cause It's a Cheap Date(Aug 11, 2010)