Weekly Ten: Wi-Fi Addiction, Larry and Sergey Want to Help, Secure FTP
Oct 12, 2010, 18:32 (3 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Jun Auza)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"8. Samsung unveils new 55-inch LCD with ultraslim bezel,
invites DIY video walls
More @ Engadget
"9. How To Configure PureFTPd To Accept TLS Sessions On Debian
FTP is a very insecure protocol because all passwords and all data
are transferred in clear text. By using TLS, the whole
communication can be encrypted, thus making FTP much more secure.
This article explains how to configure PureFTPd to accept TLS
sessions on a Debian Lenny server.
More @ HowtoForge
"10. Top 10 Bizarre Weapons of World War II
It is often said that necessity is the mother of all invention, and
at no other point in a country's history is necessity greater than
in war-time. As a result, the widespread, and often desperate,
fighting led to many new inventions, from computers, to jet
engines, to atomic bombs.
More @ Listverse"
- Panasonic Jungle, a Portable Linux-based MMORPG Console(Oct 08, 2010)
- 20 Really Awesome Linux Desktop Customization Screenshots(Oct 06, 2010)
- Create Your Own Online Backup Service With SparkleShare(Oct 01, 2010)
- The $100.00 (USD) Coolest Linux Workspace Contest Finalists(Sep 30, 2010)
- Weekly Ten: Facebook Phone, Atari 2600 Revived, Oracle is Boring, Linux World Domination (again)(Sep 21, 2010)
- 5 Best Free and Open Source File Archivers for Linux(Sep 17, 2010)
- 15 Fantastic Inkscape Tutorials for Creating Awesome Vector Art(Sep 14, 2010)
- Chrome Web Browser Market Share Set to Eclipse Firefox in 2011(Sep 11, 2010)