Has Ubuntu exceeded the Ben & Jerry's hippie threshold?
Oct 27, 2010, 07:03 (6 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Jason Perlow)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
[ Thanks to An
Anonymous Reader for this link. ]
"Like Ben & Jerry's which started out with a pair
of obscure, idealistic Hippies, Canonical is coming to the
realization that it needs to compromise some of its core values in
order to make its Ubuntu Linux desktop successful.
"Cherry Garcia. Chunky Monkey. Chubby Hubby. Peace, love, and
"Funky flavors made by a company with a Hippie image. One which
has been largely retained even to this day, 32 years after its
founding and humble roots as a locally sourced, small-batch ice
cream store in a quaint lakeside town in Northern Vermont.
"Like Haagen Dazs, Ben & Jerry's is now synonymous with
superpremium ice cream in North America, with over 200 franchised
stores and over $230M in annual revenue. But they didn't always
used to be that way."
- Ubuntu 10.10 scores close to a ten(Oct 04, 2010)
- Android in the cross-hairs: if you can't compete with it, litigate it(Oct 04, 2010)
- Ubuntu Linux: I Like It, It Doesn't Like Me(Aug 19, 2010)
- IPv6: The end of the Internet as we know it (and I feel fine)(Aug 10, 2010)
- In Search Of... Android Tablets(Jul 30, 2010)
- openSUSE 11.3: The Linux Lizard Lives(Jul 20, 2010)
- Google dumps Windows. But can the rest of us?(Jun 03, 2010)
- Linux Mint 9: A Fresh Spin on Ubuntu (Video Review)(May 31, 2010)