Strong Android Sales Help Motorola Rediscover Its Mojo
Oct 28, 2010, 19:02 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Larry Barrett)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"After years of enduring an unfettered free fall, Motorola's
mobile device business rallied to deliver a profit in third
quarter, the first time that's happened in three years, almost
exclusively on the back of strong demand for Android-based
smartphones like the Droid X.
"Motorola (NYSE: MOT) said its mobile phone unit returned an
operating profit of $3 million in the third quarter, and shipped
more than 9.1 million phones -- including 3.8 million smartphones.
In the year-ago quarter, Motorola's mobile phone unit lost $183
million as the company continued to lose relevance in a market it
"In total, the Schaumburg, Ill.-based company pocketed $109
million, or $0.05 a share, on sales of $5.8 billion, up 6 percent
from the third quarter of last year."
- How Google Is 'Closed', Just Like Apple(Oct 28, 2010)
- Building Killer Android Tablet Apps: Design and Development Tips(Oct 27, 2010)
- Microsoft to charge royalty fees to prevent Acer, Asustek from using Android in netbooks(Oct 27, 2010)
- 35 Inspired Android Apps to Boost Your Productivity(Oct 27, 2010)
- Meet the Top Android Tablets for 2010 and Beyond(Oct 27, 2010)
- First Look at Firefox Mobile 4(Oct 27, 2010)
- Gemalto Sues Google, HTC, Samsung Over Java Card Technology(Oct 27, 2010)