My thoughts on the switch to wayland
Nov 16, 2010, 07:04 (12 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Edmundo Carmona)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
Date: 1/31/2018 @ 2 p.m. ET
[ Thanks to Edmundo
for this link. ]
"Like anybody cares for what I think, right? Anyway...
I made a comment in one of these wayland-related news at linuxtoday
and Carla Shroder took the time to ask me:
""...why all that extra complexity to go back to where we were
in the first place?"
"That's a fair question. By the way, my love to you, Carla. You
haven't sent me a comment about pythogoras that I asked you for but
I still love you and care for you. :-D
"Anyways... the thing is this:
"Wayland is going to replace X in Ubuntu and Fedora. That's
quite a remarkable statement to make."
- Fedora, like Ubuntu, to dump X for Wayland(Nov 15, 2010)
- Fedora To Ditch X.Org Too, May Bring Wayland Fedora 15 Onwards(Nov 13, 2010)
- Two Features Wayland Will Have That X Doesn't(Nov 11, 2010)
- Script to Install Incredible Compiz Experimental Plugins in Ubuntu Maverick, Lucid(Nov 10, 2010)
- Compiz to be Rewritten for Ubuntu Wayland(Nov 10, 2010)
- My Thoughts On Ubuntu's Decision to Dump X Server(Nov 09, 2010)