All That Java Jive
Nov 30, 2010, 22:05 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Ken Hess)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
"How many times have you run into problems with Java? Chances
are very good that most of you have. If you perform a Google search
using the words "Linux" and "Java," you'll have an all-day
scavenger hunt on your hands. Searching for answers to installing
Java, making it work and surviving the aftermath could use up
whatever energy you've gleaned from actual cups of java. If you
install the correct package, you need never fret again. You'll
learn to love Java again. You might even sing about it.
"There are so many options for installing Java on your system.
There's openjdk, Sun's (Oracle's) Official Java, and the various
"renegade" versions such as kaffe or gcj. This tutorial focuses on
the Ubuntu-packaged version of Sun's Java 6 JDK."
- Broken RAID5 you said? Don't use Java anymore. Go with python instead!(Nov 26, 2010)
- Java 7 and 8 Begin to Take Shape: What's In, What's Out?(Nov 19, 2010)
- Apache's Java threats aren't new(Nov 10, 2010)
- Google's 'copied Java code' disowned by Apache(Nov 01, 2010)
- Gemalto Sues Google, HTC, Samsung Over Java Card Technology(Oct 27, 2010)
- Java wars: IBM joins OpenJDK as Oracle shuns Apache Harmony(Oct 14, 2010)
- Java Trap, 2010 Edition(Oct 13, 2010)
- The real problem with Java in Linux distros(Sep 25, 2010)