Wanna save trees? Don�t Save As WWF. This is the really green format!
Dec 07, 2010, 16:34 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Marco Fioretti)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"The World Widlife Fund recently launched a "new file format"
called .WWF, which is green because it cannot be printed, so it
saves trees by stimulating people to reduce their consumption of
"In reality, the "green" .WWF format, which is essentially, just
a PDF file with printing disabled. is a dumb idea for two reasons.
First, too many file formats are bad in general. Second, .WWF only
announced support for the two… most polluting operating
systems. Both of these reasons are already explained in detail in
another article, which also got lots of interesting comments."
- Save as WWF? No thanks, I already use Linux to save the forests(Dec 06, 2010)
- Italian region asks for help to avoid software lock-in� to Microsoft(Dec 04, 2010)
- Free Software, Creative Commons much harder to emulate in material world(Nov 27, 2010)
- Italian Left Leader signs Berlusconi-like deal with Microsoft(Nov 24, 2010)
- Three things to not forget to make LibreOffice (and ODF) succeed(Nov 23, 2010)
- The connections among Education, Green ICT and Free Software(Nov 22, 2010)
- Final Report from fOSSa 2010 in Grenoble(Nov 16, 2010)