Dec 08, 2010, 09:02 (0 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"It's time for the bait-and-switch again. For anyone who came
here today hoping to see a mysterious and esoteric console program,
or a distro sculpted to fit on the head of a pin, I will disappoint
"Truth is, for every distro I find or that is suggested, I get
two more suggestions for distros I wouldn't put on a Pentium III,
let alone on a lowly 120Mhz Pentium.
"I mean that with no disrespect, and I certainly don't turn down
any suggestions I get. But it does mean that some people have
different understandings of "lightweight" than I.
"In that sense, here are three distros that I would call
"middleweights:" Too big to compete with us lowly basement
dwellers, but not necessarily in the same bracket as the
juggernauts out there"
- No joke: A full Gnome desktop on 105Mb(Dec 01, 2010)
- Surprised, and not surprised: Feather Linux at 150Mhz, 32Mb(Sep 28, 2010)
- More stuff you can, but shouldn�t, do(Aug 23, 2010)
- An interlude: Colossus(Jul 21, 2010)
- Three plus one: disk usage meters(Jun 30, 2010)
- Four tools I don�t use(May 04, 2010)