Twenty-ten: The picks of the litter
Dec 14, 2010, 13:33 (0 Talkback[s])
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"Two-thousand-and-ten is almost over. I've done more than my
share of distro-hopping this year, and not because of a fickle
character, but because of a curious streak.
"That curiosity is bent toward very low-end computers though,
and it's not enough to me to just show a pretty desktop at 150Mhz
if the overall experience feels like your head is being pressed
through a bowl of mashed potatoes.
"To that end, some distributions stick out in my mind more than
others this year, as good options for low-end machines. A few more
I tried are just good options, for any kind of machine.
"And some I mention because they are ingrained in my lifestyle
now. Maybe I didn't discover them this year, but in 2010, they
became essential to my workflow."
- Three middleweights(Dec 08, 2010)
- No joke: A full Gnome desktop on 105Mb(Dec 01, 2010)
- Surprised, and not surprised: Feather Linux at 150Mhz, 32Mb(Sep 28, 2010)
- More stuff you can, but shouldn�t, do(Aug 23, 2010)
- An interlude: Colossus(Jul 21, 2010)
- Three plus one: disk usage meters(Jun 30, 2010)
- Four tools I don�t use(May 04, 2010)