On text editor bigotry
Mar 07, 2011, 23:04 (0 Talkback[s])
No-Size-Fits-All! An Application-Down Approach for Your Cloud Transformation REGISTER >
[ Thanks to Chris Allegretta for this
"I have to say that as a Free Software developer, one
thing I find very disappointing is people being needlessly hostile
to a project of mine, and using incorrect reasoning to substantiate
it. Nine traits of the veteran Unix admin is one of those gems.
"Let me first say that I actually like vi[m] quite a bit. I'd
even agree with people who say you can't be a true Unix admin
without knowing vi. Note I said knowing, not using for every task.
On any Unix machine made before the turn of the century, you're
going to want to know vi to get around. Emacs I never got around to
using; many of my coworkers swear by it. It looks like a fine
program. I feel no need to needlessly hate on it just because I
wrote a competing program"
- The Beginner�s Guide to Nano, the Linux Command-Line Text Editor(Feb 10, 2011)
- Transform Gedit Into A Web Developer IDE(Dec 30, 2010)
- FocusWriter is all writing, no distractions(Nov 26, 2010)
- 13 Features of Regular Expressions(Nov 12, 2010)
- Intro to jEdit: A Programmer's Text Editor(Oct 07, 2010)
- vifm: Fast, lightweight, old school file manager(Sep 09, 2010)