RIP Eucalyptus. Ubuntu Standardizes on OpenStack
May 12, 2011, 09:02 (0 Talkback[s])
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"Ubuntu is moving away from the open source Eucalyptus platform
in favor of OpenStack.
"I'm not surprised.
"OpenStack is now only a tech preview in Natty 11.04, but the
massive momentum behind OpenStack is undeniable. OpenStack has a
large ecosystem of over 50 contributing members including NASA,
Rackspace, Dell, Cisco, Brocade and Canonical In its short life -
the project is less than a year old - OpenStack has become a new
Eclipse, an open working group for an open cloud.
"Then there is Eucalyptus. Single vendor (hello Marten Mickos!)
and with a narrow ecosystem of contributions.
- Ubuntu Dumps Eucalyptus for OpenStack Cloud(May 11, 2011)
- Convirture and Eucalyptus Systems to partner on open-source, cloud management(Feb 03, 2011)
- Red Hat buddies up with Eucalyptus on private clouds(Dec 19, 2010)
- GroundWork, Eucalyptus Team Up on Open Source Cloud Management(Apr 08, 2010)
- Eucalyptus CTO Discusses Open Source Clouds(Sep 14, 2009)
- Eucalyptus Supports VMware Hypervisor(Sep 10, 2009)
- Open Source Eucalyptus Cloud Goes Commercial(Apr 30, 2009)
- Eucalyptus: the unsung hero of Open Source?(Mar 02, 2009)