Will Google's OS Topple the Ubuntu Empire?
Jun 27, 2011, 18:00 (4 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to James Maguire for this link. ]
Unlike the desktop space, where Linux competes
primarily with Windows, any Linux distribution in the tablet market
faces existing options that already have iOS and Android heavily
"iOS and Android leave little room for competing alternatives.
And with Linux distributions like Ubuntu, I see little chance that
they're going to be able to do battle with the existing tablet OS
selections -- they're so late to the game as it is."
- India's $35 tablet utilizes Linux(Jun 21, 2011)
- 2011: The Year of the Linux Tablet(Jan 29, 2011)
- Turn Your Linux Desktop,Tablet or Touch Device into Digital Sketchpad(Jan 25, 2011)
- WebOS: The Other Smartphone/Tablet Linux(Jan 18, 2011)
- Black Friday 2010 Linux-based Tablet Deals(Nov 22, 2010)
- Linux E-Readers are evolving into Android-tablets(Nov 04, 2010)
- The Quiet Rise of Linux Tablets(Oct 21, 2010)
- Hack Delivers a Linux Tablet for Under $200(Sep 17, 2010)
- Asus Linux-based Eee Tablet to cost �190(Sep 09, 2010)