Share Files Easily with ProFTPD
Jun 30, 2011, 06:07 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Mayank Sharma)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
[ Thanks to Lee
Schlesinger for this link. ]
"As an FTP server, ProFTPD offers several advantages. For
starters it's controlled by a single configuration file. If you
have configured an Apache web server (and what admin hasn't) you'll
be at home with ProFTPD's configuration file. It's also lightweight
and modular, meaning you can add extensions to it, for example to
encrypt file transfers, or hook it up with a directory server.
"The server is available in the official software repositories
of all major distributions, including CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, and
Fedora. You can also grab it from its website and compile it atop
Mac OS X and several BSDs, such as FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD.
"One of the strengths of ProFTPD is its configuration file. On
most distributions you'll find the file under
/etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf. Similar to Apache's configuration file,
it contains lines of configuration directives grouped by context.
Before you start editing the configuration, familiarize yourself
with the various configuration directives."
- How To Configure PureFTPd To Accept TLS Sessions On Fedora 14(May 10, 2011)
- How To Integrate ClamAV Into PureFTPd For Virus Scanning On Ubuntu 10.10(Apr 28, 2011)
- Ubuntu 10.10 LAN Torrent Seedbox With Avalanche-rt, Lighttpd, Rtorrent, Vsftpd A(Apr 21, 2011)
- How To Configure PureFTPd To Accept TLS Sessions On CentOS 5.5(Apr 13, 2011)
- How To Configure PureFTPd To Accept TLS Sessions On Ubuntu 10.10(Apr 06, 2011)
- How To Integrate ClamAV Into PureFTPd For Virus Scanning On OpenSUSE 11.3(Mar 25, 2011)
- Weekly Ten: Wi-Fi Addiction, Larry and Sergey Want to Help, Secure FTP(Oct 12, 2010)
- Flaw in libc implementation threatens FTP servers(Oct 08, 2010)