Play Classic Roguelike Games in Isometric Graphical Interface Using 'Vulture'
Jul 09, 2011, 03:02 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Nitesh)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to dart for
this link. ]
"Previously known as Vulture's Eye and Vulture's Claw, 'Vulture'
in an isometric graphical interface for NetHack, Slash'EM and
UnNetHack. Developed by Dark Art Studios, Vulture provides a
mouse-driven interface that enhances the visuals, audio and
accessibility of the game, yet retains all the original gameplay
and game features. The latest version of Vulture was released in
"NetHack is a single player dungeon exploration game that runs
on a wide variety of computer systems, with a variety of graphical
and text interfaces all using the same game engine and ASCII art.
Unlike many other Dungeons & Dragons inspired games, the
emphasis in NetHack is on discovering the detail of the dungeon and
not simply killing everything in sight - in fact, killing
everything in sight is a good way to die quickly"
- 10 Popular Real Time Strategy (RTS) Games for Linux(Jul 07, 2011)
- Game Drift Linux – Distribution For Gamers(Jul 07, 2011)
- Top 5 Screenwriting Applications for Linux(Jul 06, 2011)
- The Uzebox: An open source hardware games console(Jul 06, 2011)
- How to teach the next generation of open source with Scratch(Jun 30, 2011)
- nD, New $10 Gaming Handheld Device Runs Custom Embedded Linux Firmware(Jun 29, 2011)
- Quake Turns 15, Frag On!(Jun 27, 2011)
- Open source music identification technology launched(Jun 25, 2011)